What is Reiki
There are many theories as to the origin of Reiki, from originating in Buddhism to the way Jesus healed, to the beginning of time as a way for humans to heal themselves. But, with natural disasters and war, much of the documentation was lost. Dr. Usui rediscovered the healing art and today Reiki is used worldwide.
All living things contain an energy flow called “chi” or “qi”. Chi becomes disrupted or stuck by stress, trauma, injury, radiation, negative thought patterns and creates physical, mental, and emotional blockages.
Reiki is gentle and non-invasive, healing energy comes through the practitioners hands to the client and helps release blockages to help restore balance, promote relaxation and healing.
During a Reiki session the client is fully clothed and the practitioners hands are held above or gently touching the body.
How Reiki works can be difficult to understand because we do not actually see the energy, we feel it.
Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is an ancient Japanese healing system that stands for “universal life force energy” developed in 1922 by Doctor and Buddist Monk, Dr. Mikao Usui.
Benefits of Reiki
- Stress reduction and invokes relaxation.
- Improves sleep.
- Encourages harmony of the physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional levels.
- Helps to cleanse and clear emotions, such as, grief.
- Releases emotions attached to a symptom and assists in healing the aliment.
- Enhances learning, memory and mental clarity.
- May relieve pain, stomach upset, menstrual issues, and much more.
- Helps speed recovery from injury and surgery.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Compliments medical treatments and other therapies. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
- Reiki is safe for everyone of all ages including pregnancy.
- Promotes a feeling of being grounded and centered.